My old hosting service was bought out by another company. I didn’t realize this until I tried to get some help. I wanted to make my main page part of my WordPress, so my WordPress installation had to be moved. That’s when I found out that my only option to get help was chat, that the people in chat wouldn’t listen to me, and that the people in chat didn’t know much. After a bitter week of many chat sessions and total frustration piled upon frustration (at one point I was literally in tears), my site was worse off than it was before. Totally useless mess.

Obviously, I changed hosts. But I still had the same problem, and neither BlueHost nor WordPress.org could/would help me with it. (BlueHost at least tried.)

Finally, I copy/pasted all the words from the pages and the posts, downloaded the media, and made notes or screen caps of all my preferences. Then I tested the WordPress installation for BlueHost, where I ran into another problem. A short chat fixed that, however. Once I could see that worked, I deleted my old blog. That’s right. What you’re seeing is a rebuilding of the site, page by page, post by post, plug-in by plug-in. It took two days of concentrated effort, but at last here it is.

While reconstructing the posts, I noticed that I haven’t spent much time on this blog. The reason is that I’ve been focused on my fantasy stories (under my other name). I do apologize for that, I will correct this fault, and I hope to return to Regencies in the near future.